There are many causes for ineffective training, but one of L&D’s greatest enemies is forgetting. If learners fail to embed new knowledge into their long-term memory, they will be unable to apply it on the job. When training is treated as a one-time event, tangible results will be limited.
You know there’s a problem. But what can you do about it?
We’ve put together a free guide highlighting the research-based approaches of spaced repetition and immediate feedback. Research has repeatedly shown that using these techniques can increase retention of new knowledge and skills. By basing your own learning designs off of these principles or using a solution that already has the learning principles built in, you can greatly increase what your learners will remember.
What’s in a name?
Spaced repetition goes by several names in the L&D world. You might have heard this technique referred to as spaced learning and repetition, interval reinforcement, distributed practice, the spacing effect, or something else entirely. We have chosen to use the term “spaced repetition” for the purpose of this guide.
Who’s this guide for?
Any business professional looking for one of the following outcomes through a corporate learning program:
- Less accidents
- More sales
- Better customer service
- Faster new hire on-boarding
- Fewer mistakes
What’s in the guide:
- The five corporate learning content areas (accounting for 55% of total training) that benefit the most from spaced repetition approaches.
- Five common learning solutions that fail to help learners retain knowledge.
- The real story behind the forgetting curve, and what the latest research has to say about Herman Ebbinghaus’ theory.
- An introduction to spaced repetition, including “micro spacings” and “macro spacings.”
- The difference between feedback that helps learners remember and feedback that doesn’t.
- A case study of an organization that used a spaced repetition solution and achieved tangible business results.
Fill out the short form below to download our spaced repetition guide.