The optimal way to experience a Guru game is via the web application. However, sometimes the organization requires tracking of completion via an LMS. With Guru, you can generate a SCORM package of your game, export it, and provide it to an LMS administrator for upload into your LMS. The game play itself will be the same for players. What will be missing are the leaderboards and any opportunity to see how other players are doing.
On the administrative side, you replace the robust reporting and analytics in Guru with the much more limited reporting typical of an LMS. The game is no longer communicating with the web application database so no reports can be generated from it.
Quick Steps List
- Select the IMPLEMENT option in the left-hand menu.
- From within IMPLEMENT section, select SCORM Packager.
- Make sure your game is ready to export. It must have at least one objective and a question set for each topic you have created.
- Click BUILD SCORM 1.2 PACKAGE or BUILD SCORM 2004 PACKAGE.
- A link to a zip file will appear. Click the link to download the file.
- Once you have the file, you can provide the SCORM package to your LMS administrator for uploading to your LMS.
Request a test package from us before trying to load a full game. Use the test package to verify that the game is communicating with the LMS and functioning as expected. Guru is SCORM 1.2 and 2004 conformant. If your LMS requires SCORM, you should always run a test before sending out your course.
Click through the slideshow below to see the steps in action.