As a System Admin, you have the power to add, edit, or remove game shells. A game shell is a game that does not yet have content in it and hasn’t been made “live.” Every game starts out as an empty shell. Once a Game Author populates the shell and converts it to online status, it becomes a game. As a System Admin, consult with the intended Game Author to determine if the game shell should be for a Quest, Legend, or Drive game.
Follow these steps to add, edit, or remove game shells.
Steps for Creating a Game Shell:
- In the System Admin tool, locate the Game Management area.
- Click CREATE NEW GAME SHELL.
- On the screen that appears, select the Game Author from the drop-down menu.
- Create a game name and URL.
- Choose a game type (Drive, Quest or Legend).
- Click CREATE GAME.
Steps for Editing or Removing a Game Shell:
- In the System Admin tool, locate the Game Management area on the Main Menu screen.
- Click EDIT GAME SHELLS.
- Choose which game to edit by selecting a game in the drop-down menu.
- Click EDIT GAME.
- In the Edit Game Shell section, change the Game Author, name, or URL.
- Click UPDATE GAME.
- To remove the game, locate the checkbox under Remove this game?
- Click REMOVE GAME.
- Click YES I AM SURE.
Click through the slideshow below to see the steps in action.