The best way to maximize security in Knowledge Guru is to control player registration options. The default setting in Knowledge Guru is to allow anyone to play your game if they have the game URL. The game URL does not show up in search engines, so only individuals who have been sent the link will be able to access it.
You have four options to further increase security. Here’s a quick overview of what they are:
- Public Registration – Players register from the main login page of the Knowledge Guru game. Passwords are set at registration and the player has immediate access. They then receive a link to download the app, where they can log in to play.
- Email Verification Required – Players register from the main login page of this Knowledge Guru game. The player cannot access the game until they verify their email account, at which time, the player will set their password.
- Restricted to Domains – Players register from the main login page of this Knowledge Guru game. The player cannot access the game until they verify their email account, at which time, the player will set their password. Only email addresses from domains listed on the right will be accepted.
- Mass Upload Players – You can also mass upload players so that they do not use the registration page. With this approach, you simply send players their login information. Here are instructions on mass uploading.
Follow these steps to edit player registration options.
Quick Steps to Edit Registration Options
- Expand Manage Players option within left-hand navigation pane, and select Registration Options.
- Select which requirement you prefer: Public Registration, Email Verification Required, or Restricted to Domains.
- Click UPDATE REQUIREMENTS.
- If you choose Restricted to Domains, you must specify what domains are acceptable by typing them into the box under Accepted Domains.
- Click UPDATE DOMAINS.
Note: Users can download the “KGuru Drive” smartphone app to play Drive games, but they still will register for the game in a web browser first. Knowledge Guru apps require a valid username and password to access.
Click through the slideshow below to see the steps in action.