System administrators create and manage game authors and game shells. If you are not a system administrator, you cannot perform either of these tasks.
Every Knowledge Guru game must have a Game Author associated with it. A Game Author is the individual who creates the game content, customizes the game, and implements the game (e.g. makes it go live). The game author can also access and export game reports that detail player progress, player performance, etc.
To create a Game Author:
- Log in to your Knowledge Guru account at: theknowledgeguru.com/login/
- Select your company from the game list. If you have no games, you will automatically be logged into your system administrator account.
- Select GAME AUTHORS/CREATE GAME AUTHOR from the left-hand menu.
- On the screen that appears, enter the game author information and click CREATE GAME AUTHOR.
After you have a game author in your system, you can create a game shell and associate the author with the shell. Here’s how:
- From the left-hand menu, select GAME SHELLS/CREATE GAME SHELL.
- On the screen that appears, choose the game type you want to create.
- Fill in the game name, and game URL.
- Choose which game type you want in the drop-down menu (Drive, Quest, or Legend).
- Click CREATE GAME SHELL.
Click through the slideshow below to see the steps in action.