As a System Admin, you have the power to add, edit, or remove game shells. A game shell is a game that does not yet have content in it and hasn’t been made “live.” Every game starts out as an empty shell that an author has to populate and then convert from offline status to online status. The Game Author will determine if the game shell should be for a Quest game, or for a Legend game.
Follow these steps to add, edit, or remove game shells.
Steps for Creating a Game Shell:
- In the System Admin tool, locate the GAME MANAGEMENT area.
- Click Create New Game Shell.
- First, Select the game author from the drop-down menu.
- Create a game name and URL.
- Choose a game type: Legend or Quest.
- Lastly, click ‘CREATE GAME.’
Steps for Editing or Removing a Game Shell:
- In the System Admin tool, located the GAME MANAGEMENT area.
- Click Edit Game Shells.
- Click through the slide show below to see the steps in action.
- Choose which game to edit by selecting a game in the drop-down menu.
- In the Edit Game Shell section, change the game author, name, or URL.
- Click ‘UPDATE GAME.’
- To remove the game, locate the checkbox under Remove this game?
- Click ‘REMOVE GAME.’
- Click ‘YES I AM SURE.’
Click through the slide show below to see the steps in action.