The best way to maximize game security is to control the player registration options. The default setting in Knowledge Guru allows anyone with your game link to play, but you have three options:
- Public Registration – Players register from the main login page of this Knowledge Guru game. Passwords are set at registration and the player has immediate access. This is the default setting in Guru.
- Email Verification Required – Players go to the game URL to start the registration process, but must go into their email account to click a verification link to complete the registration and access the game. Players click a link in the email to set their password and then log into the game.
- Restricted to Domains – Players must have a specific domain name in their email address to gain entrance to the game. With this option, players must also use email verification. The player cannot access the game until they verify their email account, at which time, the player will set their password. Only email addresses from domains listed on the right will be accepted.
Follow these steps to edit the player registration options:
Quick Steps List
- Select the MANAGE PLAYERS option in the left-hand menu.
- From within MANAGE PLAYERS, select Registration Options.
- Select which requirement you prefer, Public Registration, Email Verification Required, or Restricted to Domains.
- If you choose Restricted to Domains, you must specify what domains are acceptable by typing them into the box on the right.
- Once you have selected your option, click Update Requirements.
Click through the slideshow below to see the steps in action.